Say NO to Kagen
May 25, 2010 by thedametruth
|FromWorld Net Daily, a repost of great importance:
The push to hasten confirmation of President Obama’s nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court means the public can brace for the heated summer hearings over Elena Kagan’s beliefs and temperament.
But what WND’s reporting is revealing is making a stunning case against her.
- She helped shield Saudi Arabia from lawsuits filed by families of 9/11 victims seeking to target countries and leaders who helped finance al-Qaida.
- She argued that the federal government has the power to ban books it deems to be “political electioneering.“
- In a 1996 paper, “Private Speech, Public Purpose: The Role of Governmental Motive in First Amendment Doctrine,” Kagan argued it may be proper to suppress speech because it is offensive to society or to the government.
- Kagan’s listed herself as a member in the National Partnership for Women and Families, which seeks “to increase women’s access to … reproductive health services and block attempts to limit reproductive rights … and to give every woman access to … abortion services.”
- In 1991 she criticized a Supreme Court decision allowing the government to ban the use of federal money for abortion, terming the ban “government hostility toward some ideas.”
- In February 2008, Kagan, as dean of Harvard Law School, announced the arrival at Harvard of Cass Sunstein, then a longtime University of Chicago scholar. Kagan called Sunstein “the preeminent legal scholar of our time.” (Sunstein, who’s argued for federal banning of ?conspiracy theories,? cited as a primary example of “absurd” and “hateful” remarks reports by “right-wing websites” alleging an association between President Obama and former Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers.)
- Writing in the spring 1996 edition of the University of Chicago Law Review, Kagan argued that while the government may enact a general ban on fires in public places, it cannot enact legislation to ban flag-burning protests specifically.
- Kagan also agreed with a 1989 court decision striking down a state law that made it a crime to burn the American flag.
- She called “my judicial hero” Aharon Barak, the retired president of the Supreme Court of Israel, who worked tirelessly to subject the Israel Defense Forces to judicial scrutiny on matters of self-defense and ruled numerous times in favor of the Palestinians against the IDF.
Calling Kagan “an activist who wants to govern from the bench,” Joseph Farah, CEO and co-founder of WorldNetDaily.com, says there’s a way to give senators a “spine transplant” and prepare them for the most contentious confirmation fight since Clarence Thomas.
“Kagan is a radical anti-military and pro-abortion zealot,” said Farah. “This selection by Barack Obama reveals once again his extremist agenda of leaving America undefended, elevating alternative lifestyles to sainthood and exterminating the most innocent human life with reckless abandon and persecuting anyone who tried to stand in the way. In a nutshell, that’s who Elena Kagan is.”
Farah’s goal is to inundate senators with thousands of letters calling for her rejection for a lifelong appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The letter campaign is based on previously successful efforts in which nearly 10 million “pink slips” were delivered to members of Congress opposing nationalization of health care, cap and trade legislation, hate crimes laws and other bills, as well as the current campaign to stop amnesty in the U.S. Senate.
The letter reads:
|“In a few months, the American people will have a chance to speak at the polls again. Almost every analyst and every public opinion survey suggests the electorate is angry about the direction of the country. I strongly urge you not to show contempt for the will of the people and the Constitution by confirming the Supreme Court nomination of Elena Kagan.
“Kagan is not what Americans want and she is not what the country needs.
“At a time when federal central control is strangling the American economy, she calls for more regulatory authority not just in Washington, but for the president himself.
“At a time when American security is facing internal and external threats and our nation is still engaged in two foreign wars simultaneously, she advocates banning military recruitment on campuses because of her compulsion to see open homosexual behavior flaunted in the ranks.
“At a time when Americans have been stripped of their ability to write their own laws protecting the lives of the unborn, she advocates the creation of task forces to investigate and prosecute peaceful pro-life activities.
“At a time when Americans are recognizing the unique blessings of their Constitution, she advocates the consideration of foreign laws in shaping Supreme Court rulings.
“For all of these reasons and more we will surely learn about in the days ahead, please reject the nomination of Elena Kagan.”
Don’t forget to sign the petition to stop Kagan’s nomination.
|What else can be said? Another battle to be valiantly fought…